Manage users in htpasswd files.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org (opens in a new tab) or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs (opens in a new tab).
- CentOS 7+
- Debian 9+
- Ubuntu 16.04+ LTS
This cookbook requires Chef Infra >= 15.3.
- :add: Add a login in a htpasswd file. Update and modify it if there is already one and create file if not found (default)
- :overwrite: Overwrite an htpasswd file (delete file and add user) NOTE: This action is not idempotent.
- :delete: Delete a login in a htpasswd file.
- :file: Path of the htpasswd to manage
- :user: User to create
- :password: Password for the user
- :type: Password algorithm to use. Valid options are: "md5", "bcrypt", "sha1", "plaintext", or "crypt". Default is "md5"
- :mode: File mode for the file. Default is
# add user "foo" with password "bar" to "/etc/nginx/htpassword" with the default md5 type. htpasswd "/etc/nginx/htpassword" do user "foo" password "bar" end # add user "foo" with password "bar" using sha1 as the type. htpasswd "/etc/nginx/htpassword" do user "foo" password "bar" type "sha1" end # add user "foo" with encrypted password using plaintext as the type. htpasswd "/etc/nginx/htpassword" do user "foo" password "$apr1$H5Z8CUB.$L3wyxUF1ZDd.oZFlTkJ4X." type "plaintext" end
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. (opens in a new tab)
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.